Thursday, May 21, 2009

The latest Pentax DSLR, wow!!

Forget netbooks or camcorders, I have a new gadget to lust after... the new Pentax K-7 DSLR camera.

It has a new HD movie mode that looks to beat the Nikon D90's and the Canon EOS 500D's.

It'd be a pretty substantial upgrade from my current Pentax K10D. It's also up to 14.6 megapixels (10 for the K10D), 6400 max sensitivity (1600 for the K10D), and 5.2 fps (3 fps for the K10D), live view, high-speed sync, and PC flash socket.

A few small things I'm (slightly) skeptical about:
  • So there's an external microphone input for video recording... but no headphone jack to play back and check sound quality???
  • The body is slightly smaller than the K10D or K20D, which most consider quite big. I actually like the large size of the K10D cause I have pretty big hands. Wondering if the K-7 will be as comfortable to hold.
  • And then there's the price: $1,300 for the body at launch (compared to under $600 that I paid for my K10D with kit lens). Yow! I hope that'll come down fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment